How to Rescue Failing Software Projects: Practical Proven Methods That Work

IMG_1712 My book is finally available as an eBook, on Amazon Kindle and on Amazon. I wrote this book to share my experience in how to rescue failing software projects. When I was going through such a situation, I had no one to turn to. My hope is that the information in this book will be useful to those in similar situations. Although the information in the book pertains to software projects, I have come to realize that the techniques can be used in many other situations. I have personally used these techniques in business and technical projects.

You can read more about it here.
My book can be purchased here at Amazon.com.
Amazon Kindle version is available here at Amazon.com


Sunday, June 29, 2008

Achieved health goal

Today, I achieved one of my health goals. I set my goal to swim 20 laps of an Olympic sized pool...and I did it.

I had set this goal a few months ago. I had not been swimming regularly. However, I had been exercising through practicing Wing Chun Kung Fu. Today, I went on swimming with ease for 20 laps, and it feels great!

I feel really good about myself. It isn't simply the exercise nor endorphins. Its the satisfaction of achieving a goal I set for myself, the execution steps that I took each and every exercise session. The real satisfaction is looking back at the small steps I took to achieve this goal.

As I had written several times, its each small step that makes a whole lot of difference. No one can achieve any goal without taking the first small step. Having a goal without the first small step and hoping to achieve the goal is simply a dream. It takes effort and focus to achieve goals. Anything worth doing always requires effort.

This is not the be-all and end-all. My next goal is to swim 40 laps by 30 December 2008. Having a goal and achieving a goal is not an end point. The larger picture is to lead a healthy life. I use martial arts and swimming as my avenues to achieve this overall objective.

Its a journey and I'm enjoying every bit of it!

Bernard

---------------------------
Save This Page

Copyright © Bernard Ong, 2006-2008.
All Rights Reserved
http://www.bernard-ong.com
http://mrbolt.blogspot.com

No comments: